Les Amis de Wetchi
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le coffret Collection Alakazam-ex ?
Voir le deal

Chrisitan Eyenga(un congolais vient d'etre drafte a la NBA)

Chrisitan Eyenga(un congolais vient d'etre drafte a la NBA) Empty Chrisitan Eyenga(un congolais vient d'etre drafte a la NBA)

Message  Mocrosso Ven 26 Juin - 16:12

Christian Eyenga Ndeko na biso awuti kozala drafter na nba. Akobeta na equipe moko na lebron na Shaq O'neal.

ine and Gold Tab Diverse Duo
Joe Gabriele
Cavs.com Beat Writer
Print RSS Cavs Insider Discuss

On Thursday morning, the Cavaliers acquired a player that everyone has heard of. Later that night, with the 30th pick of the 2009 Draft, they acquired a player that – unless you’re a pretty astute hoops fan – no one has heard of.
That’s not to say that Christian Eyenga – a 6-5, 210 swingman from the Republic of Congo that the Cavaliers tabbed with the final pick of the first round – won’t be a strong NBA player. But the little-known 20-year-old definitely flew under the radar as Draft day approached.

With some bigger names still hovering when the Cavaliers made their selection at the end of Round One, the Wine and Gold went with the uber-athletic – but raw – Eyenga, who is viewed by most scouts as a project.

“For me, it was a total surprise,” said Eyenga, through his French interpreter. “I didn’t expect to be drafted in the first round. And for me, to be drafted by Cleveland, of course it’s a pleasure. I’m proud because LeBron is one of my idols. And I’m looking forward to starting the steps to be on the team.”

Eyenga played in 25 games this season with CB Prat Juventud of Spain – averaging 13.3 points on .488 shooting, 5.1 rebounds and 1.6 blocks in 30.3 minutes per game. The 6-foot-5, 210-pounder from the Republic of Congo scored in double figures in 18 of their 25 games.

“LeBron James is one of my idols and I admire him a lot,” said the young man from Dikembe Mutombo’s homeland. “It’s something very special to play with LeBron.”

“Christian is a player that our scouts – particularly the group that Chris (Grant) leads – are ecstatic about right now, having the opportunity to find this guy with so much talent,” said Ferry, with Grant at his side. “At that pick, I think we could have taken some players who could be NBA players, but didn’t have a chance to have a higher ceiling. He’s a good athlete, he’s a good shooter – you put those two things together and the possibilities are there for him to be a good NBA player.”

In the second round, the Cavaliers selected someone who is very familiar to college hoops fans – two-guard Danny Green of North Carolina.

In the storied Tar Heel tradition, Green has played in more games (145) and accumulated more wins (123) than any player in UNC history. The New York native finished as the only player in ACC history with 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, 250 assists, 150 three-pointers, 150 blocks and 150 steals.

“I don’t expect either of these guys to come in and help us right now, but maybe somebody surprises us,” reasoned Ferry. “We think Danny (Green), if he can come in and compete for a job, can be an NBA player and can contribute on an NBA team. He’s a guy who’s won on a high level, played at a great program – he’s well-coached – and he’s ahead of the game because of that.”

The four-year player was named to the ACC All-Defensive Team as a senior and was one of the main components to the Tar Heels National Championship run in 2009. He’s known for his versatility and all-around perimeter play. With roughly the same dimensions as Eyenga (Green is 6-6, 210), the Cavaliers draft classmates also share the same birthday – two years apart.

Basically, with their two selections on Tuesday night, the Cavaliers tapped both ends of the amateur basketball spectrum – choosing one player who is pure potential and one who’s as accomplished as any player in college hoops.

With the euphoria of the massive Shaquille O’Neal trade still ruminating through the city, the Cavaliers’ draft was pushed slightly into the background. But the Wine and Gold think that they’ve uncovered some gems on Thursday night.

Danny Ferry and Mike Brown come from the San Antonio school of basketball. The Spurs have been drafting in the bottom of both rounds for years, and when they grabbed guys named Emanuel Ginobili and Tony Parker, hardly anyone outside their scouting department knew who they were. Now, their household names.

Even casual basketball fans know the name Shaquille O’Neal. Maybe one day, they’ll know the name Christian Eyenga.

Mocrosso
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Chrisitan Eyenga(un congolais vient d'etre drafte a la NBA) Empty Re: Chrisitan Eyenga(un congolais vient d'etre drafte a la NBA)

Message  kemafumb Sam 27 Juin - 8:48

Coup de chapeau na ye!

kemafumb
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas